- What is Buriedbornes2?
- When can I play?
- What languages can I play in?
- Will the previous Buriedbornes end?
- Can save data be transferred?
- Why do you develop 2?
- What will change in 2?
- What happens to what I bought in the previous Buriedbornes?
- What are the main changes from 1 to 2?
- What kind of updates will be made in 2?
- Will characters from the previous game reappear?
- Will the “Skill Remaining” system break defensive builds?
- Will “Eternal Dark” and “Diamond Dust” appear again?
What is Buriedbornes2?
The sequel to Buriedbornes Dungeon RPG.
While keeping the popular worldview and gameplay of the previous BB, it will be a new work with various features greatly renewed.
When can I play?
Scheduled to be released in Jan 10, 2024.
Available on Steam in PC/Google Play in Android/AppStore in iOS, Free to Play, and In-app Purchasings are available.
What languages can I play in?
At the release stage, we plan to support the following languages:
- Русский язык
- Português do Brasil
Will the previous Buriedbornes end?
Buriedbornes will continue to update while Buriedbornes2 is in development.
After the release of Buriedbornes2, the previous Buriedbornes will be updated in parallel until the Buriedbornes2 is stabilized.
In addition, the online function of the previous Buriedborneswill continue to be provided after the update ends.
Can save data be transferred?
Buriedbornes 2 will be a completely different game and will require new save data.
However, Gold Shard is planning to provide a transition function from Buriedbornes 1 to 2.
Why do you develop 2?
There are three main reasons.
- Technical improvements
- Level design reorganization such as battle balance and dungeon progression
- Add new features to expand skills, abilities, growing elements, etc.
There are ideas of extension elements that cannot be realized simply by updating the previous Buriedbornes, so I decided to develop it as a new title.
If I try to make major changes to the system to realize new ideas, there is a problem that the value of existing user assets will be lost or the playing experience that can be done now will be lost.
In order to avoid these problems, I always think that it is necessary to cultivate new ideas with new titles while maintaining the existing game play.
What will change in 2?
You choose the corpse of the adventurer, decide on the initial build configuration, start the adventure, progress through the branching dungeons, aim at the depths while defeating enemies with 5 skills.
This basic flow is exactly the same for Buriedbornes2.
Here, new options are introduced, such as a wide range of options and growing elements for building initial builds, skills with new ways to use, and a battle system that can leave players with the opportunity to overcome difficulties in unreasonable situations.
And とり夫(Torio, the Illustrator) allowed me to use his artworks in Buriedbornes2 too.
What happens to what I bought in the previous Buriedbornes?
Please be assured.
For those who purchased Gold Shard in the previous Buriedbornes, I will prepare a function to transfer the purchase amount to Buriedbornes2.
Please use the migration function scheduled to be available after February 2024.
What are the main changes from 1 to 2?
- The training system will be revamped.
- You can keep 5 lab parts for each race x job setup, and you can grow by replacing 1 part with a new one at the end of the adventure.
- The union system will be revamped.
- Players always belong to one union, and by completing union missions, they can receive rewards such as new races, occupations, and contracts.
- New elements such as “Burst mode”,”Remaining”, and “Skill Runes” will be added to skills.
- Each skill consumes a resource called Brave and transforms into a powerful burst skill.
- Skill management is important because if you lose all the uses of all skills, you will be treated as dead.
- Skill runes that can be set up to 5 expand the possibilities of skill customization.
- A target floor will be introduced, and a “Keystone” will appear.
- Each dungeon has a fixed target floor, and the dungeon will be cleared if you defeat the dungeon boss on the final floor.
- If you equip a “keystone” at the beginning of your adventure, the difficulty of the dungeon will increase, the target floor will be added, and you will be able to aim for further score attacks and rewards.
- Soulstones become character assets.
- It cannot be carried over to the next character and is only valid for the duration of that adventure.
What kind of updates will be made in 2?
Buriedbornes 2 plans to have monthly updates and seasonal updates in parallel.
This update aims to add content.
New unions/new dungeons will be released alternately every month.
When new unions/new dungeons are added, rewards such as races, jobs, origins, contracts, skills, runes, enemy monsters, etc. will be added.
This update aims to expand functionality.
It will be implemented approximately every 3 months, and various improvements and new features will be added.
As of December 2023, we are currently planning to add features such as “Union War”, a competitive weekly content in which 2 unions compete against each other, and “Factory”, which allows you to generate new items from unnecessary inventory items.
Will synchronous multiplayer be added in 2?
The Buriedbornes series is developed with the aim of being a game that each player can play at their own pace, at their own time.
We don’t deny that synchronous multiplayer is fun, but it doesn’t align with Buriedbornes’ philosophy, so we won’t use it.
Instead, we would like to continue adding “loose asynchronous multiplayer that does not require active team-up or communication”.
Will characters from the previous game reappear?
The Ancient King will of course appear, and many characters from the previous game will continue to appear.
Master ninja, amorphous, caterpillar, etc…
Some jobs will be added in monthly updates.
For example, the witch, who was requested by many, is scheduled to be added in the first monthly update.
Some characters reappear in different forms.
For example, you can no longer select miner as your job, but you can summon a miner to collect soulstones for you.
Will the “Skill Remaining” system break defensive builds?
We have confirmed that the defensive build works well in closed beta testing.
There are “Free skills” that do not consume the Remaining, and by retaining these, you can utilize reflected damage, delayed damage, etc.
Since free skills themselves do not have high performance and are not a means of attack on their own, it is also possible to build an offensive build that does not use free skills.
Will “Eternal Dark” and “Diamond Dust” appear again?
“Eternal Dark” becomes an equipment-specific ability, and the empty slot of that equipment has the ability to absorb the unique effects from other equipment.
“Diamond Dust” has been redesigned as a constantly deployed skill, and it continues to inflict stun and freeze (magic elemental delayed damage) on both yourself and the enemy every turn.
In this way, various abilities and skills that appeared in the previous game will also appear in redesigned forms for Buriedbornes 2.